This is new organsation funding research in honor of Heaher van der Lely.
FIRST CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR NEWLY ESTABLISHED FUNDING FOR RESEARCH INTO DEVELOPMENTAL LANGUAGE DISORDERS (DLD)
The trust will be considering applications for up to £350,000 in the topic areas outlined below. We emphasise that those applications that closely reflect the areas outlined will be the most likely to receive funding:
- Research into the nature of developmental language disorders (previously 'specific language impairment- SLI') and the overlap with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
- Activities that facilitate and promote the identification of children with, or at risk for, developmental language disorders.
- Investigations that focus on aspects of syntax, morphology & phonology in developmental language disorders, including their assessment and intervention.
- Evaluations of the ethos and use of the Grammar and Phonology Screening (GAPS) test: e.g. the potential for children in the United Kingdom to be 'screened' for developmental language disorders and risk for reading difficulty when starting out in education.
In addition, applications on the following themes will also be welcomed:
- Multidisciplinary collaborations and research that includes independent charities, schools & other organisations, alongside academic partners.
- Work that highlights the needs of children (and young people) with developmental language disorders within the UK.
The first call, for first round applications of 500 words, will open at the end of January 2018 and close 30th April 2018. A shortlist of projects will be selected for full review from these by mid May 2018 (deadline end of July) with final awards made in the late Autumn 2018.